A few words
Authentic: Grooves is a performance-based dance collective.
We are committed to eliminating preconceived notions about dance in order to tap into an uninhibited world and inspire the creation of art and dance enthusiasts. We do this through a focus on entertainment, education, and community.
Authentic: Grooves is rooted in the concept of collaboration, communication, and the physical exploration and complexities of human emotions. Each Company Member merges problem solving, physical skill, and an emotional journey to nurture continual growth. Authentic: Grooves’ holistic approach to movement, honors and celebrates the individual artistic voice of each Company Member. This is an integral part of translating, individual and collective, work from studio to stage.
Authentic: Grooves’ unique movement vocabulary conveys ideas, concepts, and emotions to establish an authentic connection with audiences. Authentic: Grooves understands that dance is a universal language that can be used as a vessel to express emotions and discover confidence and can affect all walks of life; further driving the company to make it accessible to all and reach audiences in unexpected ways.
Authentic: Grooves has performed at a variety of venues, including:
- Alvas Showroom, Los Angeles, CA
- Convergence 2022, Northglenn, CO
- FreeForm Dance Festival, Boulder, CO
- Highways Performance Space, Santa Monica, CA
- Lakewood Cultural Center, Lakewood, CO
- Los Angeles Dance Festival, Los Angeles, CA
- “MixMatch Festival”, Santa Monica, CA
- Parson’s Theatre, Northglenn, CO
- RAW Artists in Hollywood, San Francisco, Orange County, Colorado
- San Pedro Festival of the Arts, San Pedro, CA
- The Dairy Arts Center, Boulder, CO
- The Madrid Theatre, Canoga Park, CA
- The San Diego Art Festival, San Diego, CA
- The Schoolhouse Theater, Parker, CO
- The Shift/West Residency, Brokus Studios, Los Angeles, CA
- Versatility Dance Festival, Santa Monica, CA
- Westminster Public Schools Foundation, Westminster, CO
- Virtually on Zoom and Twitch, making connections in 4 countries
- And more… Keep watching for new events and activities
The company continues to investigate unique and authentic ways of connecting with our audience.